CBS Local – A 38-year-old Toronto man has been charged in connection with the sex trafficking investigation connected to the arrest of four people in a raid at a southeast Toronto residence, authorities said.
According to a release from Toronto Police, the release said the man has been charged with human trafficking, production of child pornography, sexual assault and obstruction of justice.
Those charges stem from an investigation that started on May 23 when a man calling himself “John L.” contacted police at the request of Toronto’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and offered to sell a 17-year-old girl, named “Zoe,” to undercover officers in the online deal, authorities said.
The released said the officers also had eye-cams rolling and reviewed the transaction and evidence gathered in the case.
Those charges were later upgraded to human trafficking after investigators determined “Zoe” had been taken to Toronto to be sold for sex and that two other women were exploited as well, the release said.
CNN isn’t naming the man charged or the four people who were arrested at the Toronto residence because they’ve not been charged.
Investigators said the human trafficking and sex trafficking charges are largely based on voyeurism charges.
The four suspects — Peter Coset, 40, of Toronto; Jonas Andreoski, 32, of Westmount, Quebec; Yulia Gurova, 39, of Toronto; and Eboni Jefferson, 31, of North York — were all released after they appeared in court May 31.
The male suspect in the case, who was arrested on June 1, has been charged with obstructing justice and sexual assault, along with the human trafficking charges, authorities said. He’s expected to appear in court again on June 6.